Registered Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is the manipulation of soft tissues of the body including, muscles, connective tissues, tendons, ligaments and joints. Massage Therapy is a clinically-oriented healthcare option that helps alleviate the discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular over-use and many chronic pain conditions.
Use a Registered Massage Therapist, it's in your best interest!
- has completed a 2-3 year program at a recognized school of massage therapy
- has passed an entry-to-practice examination that ensures they have the competencies necessary to safely and effectively offer massage therapy services
- must participate in a Quality Assurance program with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, a program that assists in the maintenance of professional standards and quality care
- is accountable to the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, through the complaints and discipline processes, in the event that the services they provide to not meet the standards of practice
- provides a receipt that will be accepted by your extended health benefits plan for reimbursement (provided your plan covers massage therapy)